Now the Olympic and Paralympic Games have began, many London based companies will be affected when it comes to parcel deliveries.
Despite this, IMRG anticipate a rise in online shopping during the Olympics because more people will be at home, due to working from home, to receive online deliveries.
So, IMRG have outlined some advice for online shoppers:
1. Place your orders in advance and try to avoid ordering at the last minute. Delays may happen because delivery drivers will struggle to make their usual number of deliveries because of traffic restrictions and congestion.
2. Make sure someone is at home to sign for the parcel.
3. Select a delivery address where you know you will be; If possible, select a delivery address outside of the heavily restricted areas, but if not;
4. Choose an alternative delivery location where the order can be delivered and easy for you to walk to/drive to outside of restricted hours
5. Click and collect – You can always choose this service to ensure you get your goods when you need it
6. Choose a ‘tracked service’ – so that you can go online and check the status of your order